Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Book Review: love? maybe by Heather Helper

I know Valentine's Day has passed, but I generally have an issue doing anything in a specified time frame. When I was little, I used to wear long pants and long sleeves int eh summer and shorts and t-shirts in the winter. That may actually explain a lot. Enough said. I just finished reading a Valentine's Day themed book called love? maybe by Heather Helper.


Book Description:
Publication Date: January 5, 2012

Just because Piper's birthday is on Valentine's Day does not mean she's a romantic. In fact, after watching her father and then her stepfather leave, she's pretty sure she doesn't believe in love at all. Then her friends concoct a plan to find them all Valentine's dates, and somehow Piper finds herself with the most popular guy in school. But true love never follows a plan, and a string of heartfelt gifts from a secret admirer has Piper wondering if she might be with the wrong guy.

In this heartwarming romance, true love is more than a maybe - and it might be closer than you think.

My Review:
I found this to be a delightful read. I felt sympathy with Piper because, like her, I have never been really into Valentine's Day. I mean sure, everyone would love to have a Valentine, but I find the seasonal marketing for the holiday to be way too over the top. Piper is cynical, but she is still easy to love and has people around her who care about her. She has been disappointed a lot in life by those she loves and she closes her heart so she doesn't have to fell the pain of further disappointment. When her best friend, Claire, gets dumped by a guy who is less than worthy but hard to get over, Piper and her other friend, Jillian devise The Plan in order to help Claire get over her heartbreak. Although she really doesn't want to be part of The Plan, she makes the sacrifice for the sake of her friend, and in the end learns to start opening her own heart. Who does he end with on Valentine's Day? You'll just have to read to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment