Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

I am alive!...Alive!!!!

I am back!!! Unfortunately, I have to make this a short post as it is after midnight now and I am exhausted.

First, I was on vacation for two weeks visiting my baby brother, sister-in-law and new, shiny nephew in Germany. More on my vacation later this week. I have been working on that post, but every time I sit to write, I get really tired.

Anyway, add in a couple days of jet lag, trying to squeeze in 15 hours overtime when I haven't been able to work on the weekends and still trying to deal with the box-gate fiasco, I've been very bust. Still that is no excuse.

Second, I went to the New York Comic Con two weekends ago. I went with my friend Terri over at Alexia's Books and Such on Friday. Terri, I apologize profusely for telling you you didn't need a suitcase, but I did figure out that last year I only went on Sunday and there are not many autographings or giveaways left on Sunday. So you can understand the source of my misinformation. I'm not sure my shoulders have recovered...or my feet. I also went back on both Saturday and Sunday. Yeah, I'm a glutton for punishment. More on that...and pictures...coming soon...I promise.

This past weekend we had my niece, Brianna, over from Friday night to Sunday night. Still trying to squeeze those 15 hours OT into the actual work week, I still had to un-clutter her room as I was using it as a staging space. The last 10 boxes of comics I had to go through were in there and there were a ton of boxes. I had to tidy up and move things into the attic for future sorting just so she'd feel like she has a room. I still have a bit of clutter in here, but I will get it all cleared up eventually. What I really need are a couple of steamer type trunks and some shelves for the wall. But I digress. 
I can't get anything done when she is over, so I vegged with her watching the Addams Family and Addams Family Values until she finally told me she wanted to go to bed. How do you like that? A kid telling a grown-up that it's time to go to bed. Anyway, Saturday, we took her and went with another couple and their daughter to Tarrytown and Sleepy Hollow for fun filled Halloween activities. We went to Sunnyside, the home of Washington Irving, for a family fun day complete with story telling, ghost stories, puppets, singing, making your own scarecrow, lawn games, etc. Then we went to a dramatic reading of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow in the Old Dutch Church and capped out the evening with the Great Jack-o-Lantern Blaze which reports to have 1,000 carved pumpkins. It was a great day, but we got home well after midnight.

Yesterday, we had to take Brianna home, but got caught up at the in-laws. Yesterday was supposed to be me getting rid of the rest of the boxes downstairs so I could decorate for Halloween. My hubby took care of the outside decorations, so at least to the world we seem festive and prepared for Halloween. I was not able to get everything cleared up yesterday. Sometimes I feel like I never will.

We have a friend of ours coming in from Scotland and he will be staying in Brianna's room for the week and a half he is here. We are going to see Social Distortion on Friday. Naturally, I still have to tidy up her room a bit more for a guest. I still have 15 hours OT to try to squeeze into this week's weekdays. However, on the bright side, I got almost all the boxes stored away. I have one with some things to take to work, so I'm not concerned about it and some paper type recycling I need to get rid of. Terri is my witness as to how bad the downstairs was, but now I mostly just have the boxes with the Halloween decorations which I now have to put out tomorrow. We thought Lee was coming in Thursday night, but he is actually coming in Wednesday afternoon and I have to pick him up at the airport, take him home and log back onto work.

It has been a really rough few weeks for me. I have been getting very little sleep, but I feel like I've accomplished something. Now, some of those boxes I will need to go back in and finish sorting. And the sad truth of the matter is that the storage facility is not emptied yet. As it turns out, we are most likely not going to sell any of the stuff in bulk as we will get very little for any of it. We are most likely going to try tables at flee markets, eBay, and other things like that. Of course, that means that we have to move everything from the storage facility into the attic and the basement of the house.



It's not over...It will never be over...and I'm going to lose my mind. But for now, I have at least freed up some time so I will be able to start my regular posts.

As it's no longer Monday, I am not going to review Dengeki Daisy 6 this week. It will have to wait for next Monday. I have about 5 or 6 book reviews to do. And I have contests coming up.

I am so sorry for not being here and missing everything going on with everyone for the past few weeks. I've missed reading every one's posts. I will start to catch up now, though, well, tomorrow.

So, soon to come...vacation, comic con, reviews, pictures...lots of pictures and contests. Now that I got the rest of the books sorted out, I find I had enough books to fill a semi to give away as well as other swag. So, please be patient, forgive me for my absence and come back soon. I'll be here.


  1. Welcome back! Nice shout-out to Dr. Frankenstein! Or am I projecting because it's Halloween? Looking forward to hearing more about the shiny new nephew!

    Thanks again for taking me along to Comic Con! Took me the whole weekend to recover, so don't know how you managed Sat and Sun! Had a blast, as where else can you see a full-size Dalek and so many people dressed in unknown costumes? *L* And the books! We did very well with books!

    OMG look at the pictures! You have hardwood floors! Congrats, as it looks great! Have to get back to work, but wanted to "officially" welcome you back! :)

  2. You are not projecting in the holiday spirit. I was indeed referencing Frankenstein.

    My shiny new nephew, Tai, is already plotting to take over the world. I can see the wheels spinning in his head. I imagine him to be a lot like Stewie from The Family Guy, but without the football shaped head and the British accent.

    I don't know how I did three days of comic con, but Cam was complaining a lot about the crowding. It was unbelievable. He said he's go Thursday and Friday, but not on a Saturday or a Sunday again. I was pretty much wiped for the entire weekend, but I had fun just the same. Picked up some cool Dr Who stuff.

    Now that I got most of the boxes put away, I had to pull out all the Halloween stuff. While I didn't get all the Halloween decorations out, I can still see my floor. I even took a lot of the boxes back up into the attic.

    I am just so sick of packing, unpacking and moving boxes around. I know you know how that feels.

    It feels good to be doing something for myself again, though, so I'm glad I was able to get back to my blog.