Search This Blog

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Stacking the Shelves - April 5, 2015 - Easter Edition

First off, I'd like to say Happy Easter! I hope everyone got lots of jelly beans in their baskets. I think that was one of the moments when I knew I was a grown-up. I went home for Easter and my mom had made Easter baskets for my little brothers, but I didn't get one. I was gutted. She never could understand that. But I digress...



Wow! What a weekend! I actually did some writing and some reading. It felt pretty good I'll tell you. Aaand...yesterday was the Season 1 Part 2 season premier of Outlander which was preceded by a rerun of all of the first half of the season's episodes, so I saw about 5 or 6 hours of Jamie. Not a bad way to spend the day. It just amazes me how well done the show is.

And for you Marvel fans out there, I finally watched the last three episodes of Agent Carter which was excellent as all the Avenger's properties and tie ins have been.

Did I get out of my pajamas this weekend? Let me think. Hmmm. On Saturday and Sunday, no. It was brilliant.

Anyhooo....I was pretty good with books this week. I did have a discount coupon for the bookstore and it was burning a hole in my pocket, so I knew I had to buy something. I'm getting much better at restraint, though. Now I just have to clean out the books from the attic that I plan to get rid. Maybe next weekend.




Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews.

Books Purchased:
I Remember You by Cathleen Davitt Bell – Purchased Used

Love, Lucy by April Lindner





Kindle Books Purchased:
Broken Notes (Heavy Influence Book 2) by Ann Marie Frohoff – Free eBook

Wild & Wishful, Dark & Dreaming by Alethea Kontis

Fever Pitch (#1.5 A Novella) (Heavy Influence) by Ann Marie Frohoff – Couldn’t read book 2 without reading 1.5 and it was only $.99

Higher Octave (#2.5 A Novella) (Heavy Influence) by Ann Marie Frohoff – Free eBook

That's it for this week!  TTFN!

4 comments:

  1. Nawwww, those bunnies!

    I don't think I know any of the books in your haul this week -- I'll have to look them up. I hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love Lucy is a modern telling of A Room with a View. It is the only E.M. Forster book I like. I Remember You seems to have a paranormal type story and it sounded interesting. And, of course, I will buy anything from Princess Alethea. If you like Fairy tale retellings, check out Enchanted.

      Delete
  2. Nice haul! Impressed that you only bought two books with that coupon burning a hole in your pocket. Sent you an email, so be on the lookout. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do sometimes pick up more than one book when I have a coupon, but only paperbacks. I'm all about the bargain. I've got books coming out this month I want, but I never seem to have anything when there is a B&N coupon.
      Saw the email and will respond.

      Delete