Search This Blog

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Stacking the Shelves

I know it's been a couple weeks. I can only say working 20 hours overtime does little for my social calendar or allow me much me time. Now that the extended OT is over, I find myself getting back into a regular routine. July and August were horrible months for me to try to keep up with my blog. September seems to be seeing me back on track. It was not a good summer as summers go, but the fall is now my favorite time of year.

So, no more excuses. It's just time to jump back in. In the words of an old friend, "Do or do not. There is no try."

And what better way to start than to jump in with a new installment of Stacking the Shelves.



Stacking The Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews.

My last post was August 25, so here is what I've picked up since then.


Books:
Dance of the Red Death (Masque of the Red Death) by Bethany Griffin - I have the first book signed (Thanks, Terri!).  I had been looking forward to this one coming out, but waited until I found it cheap enough through Amazon marketplace.

Purity by Jackson Pearce

Beautiful Decay by Sylvia Lewis - This is one I picked up on a whim at thet bookstore as I had a coupon burning a hole in my pocket.  There's nothing worse than having a coupn that you can't find anything to use it on.

Origin (Lux #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout - Been dying for this one!!!  Of course, I haven't read Opal yet.  Perhaps I was waiting for this one to come out.

Star Wars: Jedi Academy by Jeffrey Brown - I was given a copy by a fellow blogger at BEA which I in turn gave to my 8 year old friend who loves Star Wars.  I had to get my own copy.

Starry Nights by Daisy Whitney - Missed this one at BEA, so was consumed by my need for the book.  Of course, I haven't opened it up yet.  Love the cover, though.

Ashes on the Waves by Mary Lindsay - I loved Shattered Souls and this one is based on the poem Annabel Lee

Sweet Legacy by Tera Lynn Childs


Kindle
Glitter & Doom: A Masque of the Red Death Story by Bethany Griffin

Of Poseidon (The Syrena Legacy) by Anna Banks - Kindle August monthly deal - I've seen it, but thought little of it, but for $1.99?  Heck yeah.

DVD
Gargoyles Season 2 Part 2 - I loved the Disney Gargoyes TV show.  I had bought all the produced ones on VHS and had recorded all the other episodes from the TV.  Of course, those video tapes are kind of decrepit.  I was picking up the DVDs, but Season 2 was split in half.  Part One was released in 2005.  I've been looking ever since.  I finally got a notification from Amazon that Part Two was available.  Only, it was available from a secondary source selling it for $100.00.  Um, no.  Then I started to see it listed at a cheaper price.  I finally checked eBay and got myself a copy for about $25.00.  This was apparently only released as a selection of the Disney DVD club.

Happy reading!!!

8 comments:

  1. I missed Starry Nights at BEA, but now it's out and you have a wonderful finished copy. I do love the cover For Ashes on The Waves. Come visit me as well.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary Lindsay does have the best covers. Her follow-up to Shattered Souls also has a beautiful cover.
      I was anxious to read Starry Nights, but I saw some mixed reviews, so I'm not sure it will be next on my list. I do love the cover, though.
      Thanks for stopping by, Grace! I dropped you a note as well.

      Delete
  2. Amazing books! I am still waiting for my copy of Origin! I got a signed one and it's not here yet :( I hope you enjoy your new books!
    Brittany @Spare Time Book blog
    My STS: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2013/09/stacking-shelves-10.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A signed copy of Origins? Sweet! I'm green. There were signed JLA books at BEA which I really wanted to get on line for until I found out she wasn't there. They were pre-signed. Just as well. That line would have been ridiculous.
      Thanks for stopping in to say hi, Brittany!
      I checked out your haul and left a comment as well.

      Delete
  3. I got Origin this week also and I've already devoured it!

    Christy @ Christy's Book Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do not tell me anything!! If you devoured the book, that tells me plenty. So glad you enjoyed it and I can't wait to get to it, but I have to get off my behind and read Opal. Maybe that will be my next book as I'm trying to figure out what to read next.
      I stopped in to say hello on your page and I'm glad you stopped by for a chat!

      Delete
  4. Never seen the Starry Nights book. Like the Eiffel Tower in the background!

    Enjoy!

    Sugar & Snark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love stories told in foreign locales. When I saw the cover of Starry Nights, I just had to have it. I only hope it lives up to my expectations. We'll see.
      Thanks for checking in! I have done likewise. I was really impressed with your haul.

      Enjoy!

      Delete