Search This Blog

Monday, September 16, 2013

It's Just Another Manga Monday: Strobe Edge Volume 6 by Io Sakisaka

Well, today was complete and utter Pants. I forgot my pedometer at home. I needed to put air in one of my tires, but it was raining, so I drove all day on a low tire. And I couldn't get into any of my applications at work, so rather than work on my inventory reduction, I got to take an on-line training course about privacy and had no choice but to answer people's question since I had no valid reason to refuse. I kept thinking, "When I get home, I can sit and read." It's 9pm now, and I haven't opened my book yet. C'est la vie. Sometimes, it goes this way.

That's okay, because I get to write about my current favorite manga title, Strobe Edge!!!



Alison Can Read started a weekly Manga Monday meme which I have jumped on. I've been reviewing manga from the start, but it is nice to have a place were like minded Otaku can meet and share our favorites.

Warning: Spoilers!!!

Book Description (From Amazon):
A heartwarming story about first love that’s one of the most hotly anticipated new shojo series among U.S. fans.
What is love, anyway? Ninako Kinoshita’s friends tell her it’s one thing, but Ninako wonders what this mysterious feeling really is. When she meets Ren Ichinose, the handsome, enigmatic guy that all the girls worship, her life takes an unexpected turn. With just a few words and a smile, he changes her world...

A big change occurs in Ren and Mayuka’s relationship, leaving Ninako wondering what she should do with this news. Just as things seem to be moving forward, Ando confronts Ren about a past transgression. Will these two former friends be able to mend their rift?

Reads R to L (Japanese Style) for teen audiences.


My Review:
Well, things seem to be heating up a bit. Ren sees Daiki in the morning before school starts and Daiki tells him he has no hard feelings towards Ren because Ren and Mayuka broke up. However, they are overheard and soon the entire school is a buzz with the news.

Tsukasa and the other girls in class are talking to Ninako about it, telling her to make her move, that the other girls will start making a play for Ren. Ninako, however, can't feel happy about the situation. Since she knows Mayuka, she can't help but empathize with both of them understanding how tough the break up must be on both of them. She decides she can't make a play for Ren because he won't be ready. She understands he needs time to heal.

Sure enough, the girls start giving him notes, confessing their love and he gets a ton of Valentine's Day chocolates. He turns them all down, though, telling them he's not ready.


 Ando is still steadfast in his attention to Ninako. He stopped playing the field and seems to only have eyes for her. Knowing she is in love with someone else has gotten him quite frustrated, especially since the guy she is in love with is his arch rival.

Ando finally confronts Ren about his ex-girlfriend kissing Ren. They argue over it and Ren walks away. Ninako being in the right place at the right time worms the story out of Ren about what happened, although he mentions no names. He seems upset that he had a falling out with his friend. Ninako keeps asking Ren if he made up with his friend yet, which he hasn't, and then mentioned it to Ando. Since Ren didn't mention any names, Ninako has no idea he was referring to Ando.

Ando decides to go talk to Ren again. Are they able to patch up their differences?

And finally a new year starts and the gang is all back together for their second year with one new addition. Ren is in Ninako's class, much to Ando's dismay. What is in store for these two? Will Ren get over the break up with Mayuka and tell Ninako how he feels? Will Ando finally win her over? Or will Ninako only have eyes for Ren, especially now that she will be seeing him everyday.

Find out in the next installment of Strobe Edge due out November 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment