Search This Blog

Monday, December 1, 2014

To Buy or Not to Buy: Dream Chaser by Angie Stanton

I read a lot of samples. Based on the sample, I will decide whether or not to buy the book. Generally, if I do buy the book it is in eBook format. I do find that when I purchase the eBook after reading the sample it goes into a eBook vault that never gets opened. Ever. Again. If I can't see it, it's not there. Be that as it may, I still read samples and still purchase books based on that sample. Perhaps I should just read the ones in the vault. Points to ponder. Never the less, it is time again for To Buy or Not to Buy......

Dream Chaser by Angie Stanton
Book Description (From Amazon):
Publication Date: November 8, 2011
Willow Thomas has a bad habit of running away from things that scare her. And most recently, she quit her high school cheerleading squad after a terrifying fall.

With time on her hands, she auditions for a musical production directed by a Broadway choreographer. Just as things are looking up, Willow discovers she will be performing opposite Eli McAvoy, the best friend she abandoned three years before. To make matters worse, the kids in the musical hate her, her singing sucks, and her dog is sick.

Eli has grown up during their years apart and now possesses confidence and good looks, as well as a giant chip on his shoulder. He is in no hurry to play nice with Willow, but their entwined roles in the musical lead to entwined bodies in the backseat of his car.b

Just when Willow finally has her life under control, another surprise is delivered in the form of her greatest challenge yet. Will she run or finally stand and face her fears? And will Eli be there to help or turn his back on her for good?

My First Impression:
The tale unfolds with Willow injuring herself during cheerleading practice because she was not taking the proper precautions. She winds up in the hospital, but she is going to be okay physically. Emotionally, the physical trauma has left her scarred and scared. She is the best flyer on the squad and cheerleading has meant the world to her, but after her fall in an ill-fated stunt, she quits the squad and gives up cheering forever. Her best friend nags at her to reconsider, but she is just too afraid to risk another fall.
In order to have an excuse to not rejoin cheering, she decides to audition for a role in the school play.

I picked up Royally Lost when it came out in this year and I had purchased Love ’Em or Leave ‘Em as well. Haven’t actually read either of them, but I enjoyed the samples I read. This one seems to be on par.
Magical things can happen in a school play. I was in school plays, not that anything magical ever happened to me, but there is nothing like the bright lights of the stage.

Decision?
To buy

No comments:

Post a Comment