Search This Blog

Monday, November 12, 2012

Stacking the Shelves...Finally!!!!

I am appalled and dismayed at how long it has been since I've been able to do a STS post. The last post was September 9th. I haven't really gotten anything in the past couple of weeks, what with the hurricane, loss of power and all, but the beginning of October...Now that was spectacular. I got all kinds of loot I never got a chance to write about and, well, now it's just too late.

It's like when someone tries to get you a birthday cake weeks after the fact. I mean, sure, I love cake. Who doesn't? But a few weeks later and now it is no longer a birthday cake, so what's the point?

So that is why I'm not even going to mention my stash from earlier in the month. Suffice it to say I was in heaven. Now I'm going through a dry spell. Ah, well. Not every week can be a gem.

Since the postman is seeming to refuse to bring me my packages I know are out there, I had to settle for going to the local book store and bringing books home myself.



Stacking The Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews


This week, I purchased two books by Marni Bates, Awkward and Decked With Holly. I saw Decked With Holly in the book store last weekend, but picked up The Lost Prince instead. This weekend, I went to the bookstore Saturday, but they didn't have Decked With Holly, so I picked up Awkward.


As luck would have it, today, my hubby wanted to go to the other book store down the highway, which is larger. So, I was able to find Decked With Holly there. It's a Christmas themed book involving a rock star. Awkward is about a geek of a girl that is the subject of a You Tube video and she goes from being invisible to famous in no time at all. The video is not complimentary. It is probably like the equivalent of Lightsaber Boy.

So, I was okay with two books, but this evening I was looking at the Kindle deals and actually found Smart Girls Get What They Want by Sarah Strohmeyer for $2.99. I was excited as I had seen this in the book store, added it to my wish list and downloaded a sample. I figured for $2.99, I might as well take the plunge. How could I afford not to?

And there you have it. I hope you all have had a good week and have found lots of treasures.

4 comments:

  1. Hubby's are nice. Sometimes they get you nice gifts that you actually want. Great haul.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am lucky that I do not have to twist his arm to get him to go to the bookstore. We're both nerdy, so that works out quite well. We'll get lost for hours. Naturally not in the same sections, though.
      Thanks for stopping by, Grace!

      Delete
  2. Just because it's not your birthday doesn't mean you still can't enjoy a belated birthday cake. C'mon....share what you got before the storm hit! Inquiring minds want to know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Listen, I didn't say I had a problem with cake. I said I have a problem with people missing my birthday, remembering several months later and trying to get a cake and calling it my birthday cake. I mean, get the cake by all means and I will eat it, but it's not a birthday cake at that point. It's just cake.
      Because you g=have asked for it, I will post my recent acquisitions...not counting Comic Con...yet.

      Delete