Search This Blog

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Swoon Thursday: Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins

Well, I haven't done this in a while. I guess the issue is that I hadn't been reading a lot and am now getting back into the swing. It's been a while since I've read anything that is swoon worthy, well, not since Jamie went off the air after the mid-season finale of Highlander. I was happy to find that Isla and the Happily Ever After has a swoon worthy moment or two.



Swoon Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by YA Bound @ http://yabound.blogspot.com.

Here's how it works. You take a book you're currently reading or recently read and share what made your toes curl and your heart race!!!

I close my eyes and he kisses them - one delicate kiss on each lid. His nose trails down the side of mine, and his mouth comes to rest above my own. My arms wrap around the back of his neck. Our lips meet with more urgency. More exploration. We kiss until it can no longer be called kissing, it's definitely making out, as his hands slide underneath the coat and around my waist.

We sink into the blanket.

Our fingers are in each other's hair, and his breath is in the hollow of my neck, and I wish the world would swallow us here, whole, in this moment. And that's when it hits me that this - this - is falling in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment