Search This Blog

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Stacking the Shelves - November 3, 2013

I just had the most spectacular day!!

I have been so busy working, getting ready for Halloween and doing Halloweeny things that I finally had a weekend free and what did I do?  I vegged.  Yesterday I was a total slug, but today!  Ah!  Today was a spectacular day!!

I actually spent the day reading a book!!  That's right!!  You heard it.  A book.  A real honest to goodness book!  I started it last evening and finished it today.  My  trusty sidekick, Egg, was laying on my lap the whole time, effectively pinning me under the covers.  Can't say I mind.  It was glorious!!  But now the day is shot.

Ah.  Who am I kidding?  I wasn't going to do much of anything anyway.  Hubby was away this weekend playing in the woods in his new satyr costume having a blast.

The mailman was unkind to me this week, but I don't care.  I read a book!

It's been a while.  You can understand my excitement.

Anyway, to make up for the lack of physical mail, I was busy ordering Kindle books.  I saw a link on Amazon called Kindle Match.  I had heard that Amazon was going to be doing this, but didn't realize they already had the website updated.

For those of you that don't know, Amazon is making available a Kindle edition of the physical copies purchased.  The prices range from $0.00 to $2.99.  Awesome!  There are a lot of books I bought that I haven't gotten to.  I love converting to Kindle.

There is a button on the KindleMatch page that will actually pull up your available copies.  Beware, though.  I believed that this would apply to all the books I bought as long as there was a Kindle edition.  That is not the case.  It only applies to some books.  So the button showing me my available books was time saving and it was a much shorter list than I anticipated.

So, that mixed in with my other Kindle purchases made up for being shunned by my mailman.



 

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Review.



Books Purchased:
Desert Tales: A Wicked Lovely Novel by Marr, Melissa

Tandem: The Many-Worlds Trilogy, Book I by Jarzab, Anna

Rags & Bones: New Twists on Timeless Tales by Marr, Melissa

A Darkness Strange and Lovely (Something Strange and Deadly) by Dennard, Susan

The Shadowy Horses by Susanna Kearsley

Endure (Need) by Jones, Carrie 

The Fuzzy Bunch: A Get Fuzzy Collection by Conley, Darby

Blaze (or Love in the Time of Supervillains) by Crompton, Laurie Boyle








Kindle Books Purchased:
The Sweet Dead Life by Joy Preble - October Monthly Kindle deal

The Moth in the Mirror (Splintered) by A. G. Howard - Novella

The Morrow Secrets Trilogy - Book 1 (ebook edition) by Susan McNally - Free eBook on Halloween

Brightest Kind of Darkness, YA Paranormal Romance (Brightest Kind of Darkness Series, Book #1) by P.T. Michelle - Free eBook

Vampire Kisses by Ellen Schreiber- October Monthly Kindle deal

A Need So Beautiful by Suzanne Young- October Monthly Kindle deal

The Avery Shaw Experiment by Kelly Oram

Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin- October Monthly Kindle deal

Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman - KindleMatch edition

Fragile Things: Short Fictions and Wonders by Neil Gaiman - KindleMatch edition

Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman - KindleMatch edition

The Dark Huntsman: A Fantasy Romance of The Black Court (Tales of The Black Court) by Jessica Aspen - Free eBook

Doctor Who: The Angel's Kiss: A Melody Malone Mystery by Justin Richards

Doctor Who: Summer Falls by Amelia Williams

Shatter Me (Enhanced Edition) by Tahereh Mafi- October Monthly Kindle deal

Unravel Me (Shatter Me) by Tahereh Mafi - November Monthly Kindle Deal

Destroy Me by Tahereh Mafi

The Redemption of Callie & Kayden by Jessica Sorensen

The Secret of Ella and Micha by Jessica Sorensen

The Temptation of Lila and Ethan (Ella and Micha) by Jessica Sorensen

The Forever of Ella and Micha by Jessica Sorensen


2 comments:

  1. Excellent haul! I'm sure you already realize that ebooks are dangerous, as you can't see them so don't really realize how many you have. Fun and easy, but dangerous!

    And the sentence "Hubby was away this weekend playing in the woods in his new satyr costume" almost made me fall off my chair laughing! The visual....oh my!

    Glad your day was awesome! I read a book too! Isn't it glorious? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the danger of the ebook. Especially now that Amazon is offering the KindleMatch on some of my purchases. I don't mind paying a couple bucks to get the Kindle version if I haven't already read the book.

    The issue, though, is that the ebooks are really starting to pile up. I want to read them, but I just don't know where to begin.

    Then I've been downloading samples because more ebooks are exactly what I need. I probably have about 50 samples to read. That takes time, you know?

    ReplyDelete