Search This Blog

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Stacking the Shelves - September 21, 2014

I'll give no excuses.
I'll tell you no lies.
I think it's depressing
How quickly time flies.


I. Can't. Even. Begin. To. Tell. You.

Let's leave it at that. And I will go on as if nothing had ever happened.

While I was lost in my head, it seems I have acquired some reading materials. I believe the post was supposed to be for August 10th, so this will be for the past month and a half.

I am ashamed all over again.

August early on was pretty good, but I have had a book buying drought. A sort of self imposed moratorium on book buying if you will.  Some of the books purchased are used books.  I just want to make that clear.  So, they needed a home because they weren't wanted anymore where they were currently living.

Anyway, without further delay (cause a month and a half hasn't been a delay enough), I bring you my book acquisitions...

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews. 

Books Purchased:
Jim Henson’s The Storyteller

Jim Henson’s The Dark Crystal

Haunted Burlington by Thea Lewis - The author was our tour guide when we went on a ghost walk in Burlington

Tiger’s Promise: A Tiger’s Curse Novella by Colleen Houck - I had purchased the eBook, but I saw the paperback and wanted to add it to the hard cover books

What I Thought Was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick

The Year’s Best Science Fiction & Fantasy 2012 edited by Rich Horton

Legends of the Riftwar Book III: Jimmy the Hand by Raymond Feist

Jane Austen’s First Love by Syrie James

The Truth Is a Cave in the Black Mountains by Neil Gaiman

The Grumpy Guide to Life: Observations by Grumpy Cat

Black Swan, White Raven edited by Ellen Datlow & Terri Windling

Opposition (A Lux Novel) by Jennifer L Armentrout

Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins - Finally, at long last the bloody book is out.  I only pre-ordered it like a year and half ago if not more.

Illusions of Fate by Kiersten White

A Little Something Different by Sandy Hall - Missed this one at BEA

Shattered by Mari Mancusi

Egg & Spoon by Gregory Maguire - Missed this one at BEA as well, but it mayhave only been a chpa book.  Not sure about that.

Stardust Signed Limited Edition by Neil Gaiman - I ordered this one new used.  It is regularly $150.00, but I got it new used for $42.00.  Now that's a bargain!

Brain Froud’s Fairies Tales by Brian Froud

Magnolia by Kristi Cook

Madness Underneath (Shades of London Book 2) by Maureen Johnson

 
Kindle Books Purchased:
Untimed: a Time Travel Adventure (Rules of the Regulator Book 1) by Andy Gavin – Free eBook

The Splendour Falls by Susanna Kearsley – Kindle Deal of the Day



Manga Purchased:
Alice in the Country of Joker: The Nightmare Trilogy 1

Millenium Snow 3

Black Rose Alice 1

Dawn of the Arcana 13

Library Wars: Love & War 12
Skip Beat! 33

My Little Monster 3

No comments:

Post a Comment