Search This Blog

Friday, September 26, 2014

To Buy or Not to Buy - Beautiful Death (The Uruwashi Series # 1) by Christina Moore

I have been trying to catch up on my sample reading. It's great to keep track of what I read and whether I like or not, but it doesn't really get any of the books off my To Be Reviewed pile. Still working on that.

Get ready for another installment of To Buy or Not to Buy.

Beautiful Death (The Uruwashi Series #1) by Christina Moore
Book Description (From Amazon):
Publication Date: October 11, 2013
His life is in a monster’s hands but he may be one himself.

The only thing about Tristan’s typical American life that’d been even slightly atypical was that he was adopted. The Blum’s raised him, loved him as if he was their own. But they never knew who Tristan really was, about the stigma his birth surname carried. Everything changed after their untimely death. Suddenly monsters are after Tristan and all because of a few words spoken by a remarkable stranger.

After carelessly stumbling into the arms of the enemy’s servant, a rotting jikininki, the one silently watching over Tristan is forced to intercede. Ash claims to be a hunter, but that’s not the whole truth. Whatever Ash is or isn’t, it’s neither good nor evil. And Ash is the only one who can save Tristan now. But can someone who can’t even accept the unwavering truth that maybe they never were really human to start with be saved?

My First Impression:
This has been on GoodReads as a giveaway and I have previously entered the giveaway. When a book sounds interesting, I’ll check Amazon and see if there is a Kindle version and download the sample. This one has been on my list to check out for quite some time, so I finally got around to checking it out.

The story opens up in a club in Japan that caters to the dead or undead. Our hero, Tristan, is dancing with one of the locals and she seems to be really into him. She leaves him to go get another drink when Tristan is approached by a man in a cape who is telling Tristan that he is there to help him.
That is as far as I got, 4 pages. I’m not sure if it was the writing style, the characters, the plot itself (or what I read of it so far), but it just didn’t grab me and I just lost interest in reading any further.

Decision?
Not to buy

No comments:

Post a Comment