No I don’t think it is fair to have a best of list without also having a worst of list, so here it goes.
• The show closed down at 3pm without any kind of major communication to advise
• Some of the galleys were already gone by Thursday, even ones advertised as Thursday giveaways
• Not as many events on Thursday
• The signing for After being shut down because the books ran out and the signing being cancelled in the afternoon because the rest of the books never showed up
• Book signings had to be cancelled due to the early closing of the show
• Some bait and switch. For instance, Becca Fitzpatrick was supposed to be signing Finale, the final book in her Hush, Hush series. My friend Terri was in line to get me the book, but what she got was a signed copy of the trade of Hush, Hush. Apparently a lot of people grumbled about it. Or the signing we were going to go to for the Wood Queen and there was someone else in that time slot.
• I have to say I was most disappointed by the Macmillan booth. They had a gigantic book, but all they did was have posters up of book covers and on Thursday they only had one galley to offer. There weren’t even display books of new or upcoming releases out that you could thumb through to an idea of what the book was about and if you’d be interested. They took up all that space and had nothing much to offer the show-goer.