Search This Blog

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Stacking the Shelves: Two Words - Fuzzy Domo

I loooove getting packages in the mail. Always have. When I was a kid, I would go through my grandmother's Reader's Digest, Family Circle and other such magazines she subscriber to and look for the promotions. I would mail away for anything; the most memorable one was a single spoon as a dinnerware sample. They always had to be freebies, though, as I was around 10 or so and wasn't holding down a job at that time. And while I stopped sending away for random, useless items I don't need, I have never loss my obsession for getting things in the mail; packages like, not junk mail or bills.

I used to be really big on sending away for cereal box promotions and the like. I would specifically hunt out the cereal, cookies, tv dinners and such with the coolest mail-ins. Sadly, though, it seems most of the promotions now are crap, and while I may look every so often to see if there is anything good to send away for, it has been a rat's age since I have actually mailed in for any of the promotions. I think Kung Fu Panda was the last promotion I mailed in for.

I used to order a ton of DVDs and CDs as well, but I haven't really been doing that for quite some time. I do still order books, though. Sure, I could get them for my Kindle perhaps a little cheaper than the book, but then I'd miss out on the fun of getting a package in the mail. I sometimes wonder if I order things simply to get mail.

My neighbor gets packages all the time. I can't stand it. So I have at least two packages that should have been here already. I've been waiting desperately. I know they shipped, so where are they? I hate waiting.

This is what I picked up this week. Still waiting on those packages.



Stacking The Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews.


Domo Qee Mystery Box Series 4 - Orange Fuzzy Domo - Rareity 2/15 - Purchased at the local comic book store.
Dr Who / Star Trek Crossover comic Vol 1, variant gatefold photo cover - Purchased at the local comic book store.
Angel & Faith monthly comic # 10 - Purchased at the local comic book store.
City of Lost Souls, Book 5 in the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare - Purchased at CostCo with an exclusive chapter only available at  CostCo.

One last item was acquired this week thanks to my friend Terri over at Alexia's Books and Such....
Since I could only get to BEA on Thursday, she stood on line for me on Wednesday and got me a copy of Destined by Aprilynne Pike signed by the author.  I was soooo happy as this was my second most desired book at the BEA.

2 comments:

  1. I hate waiting for packages too. They should show up when they should or maybe a day earlier. That would be a nice surprise. I haven't read the Mortal Instruments series but I do admit that they have pretty covers.
    I'm a new follower here =)
    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Know exactly what you mean, as I love to receive packages in the mail almost more than what's in the package! Almost. :)

    ReplyDelete