Search This Blog

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Stacking the Shelves




Stacking The Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews.



I have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of Flirting in Italian by Lauren Henderson.  I love books about traveling and meeting new people.  One of my favorites is Falling in Love With English Boys by Melissa Jensen.  I also love the Emily Williams books by Katie Maxwell.  I am hoping Flirting in Italian is as good.  I bought on the synopsis alone, so we shall see.

Book Description
June 12, 2012
Four girls. One magical, and possibly dangerous Italian summer. Family mysteries, ancient castles, long hot nights of dancing under the stars . . . and, of course, plenty of gorgeous Italian boys!


Since I had purchased book 5 of the Mortal Instruments series last week, I thought it only prudent to order book 4, otherwise there would be a gap, so I ordered City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare.  Now I just have to start reading the series.




I also got the final volume of The Fallen series by Lauren Kate, Rapture.

Book Description
June 12, 2012 Fallen (Book 4)
RAPTURE, the fourth & final FALLEN novel, is the Lauren Kate book the world has been waiting for.

The sky is dark with wings. . . .
Like sand through an hourglass, time is running out for Luce and Daniel. To stop Lucifer from erasing the past, they must find the place where the angels fell to earth.
Dark forces are after them, and Daniel doesn’t know if he can do this—live only to lose Luce again and again. Yet together they face an epic battle that will end with lifeless bodies . . . and angel dust. Great sacrifices are made. Hearts are destroyed.
And suddenly Luce knows what must happen. For she was meant to be with someone other than Daniel. The curse they’ve borne has always and only been about her—and the love she cast aside. The choice she makes now is the only one that truly matters. In the fight for Luce, who will win?
The astonishing conclusion to the FALLEN series. Heaven can’t wait any longer.



And the final book I received this week is Being Friends With Boys by Terra Elan McKoy.

Book Description
May 1, 2012
From the author of Pure and The Summer of Firsts and Lasts, a friendship story with one girl, several boys, and lots of complications. Charlotte and Oliver have been friends forever. She knows that he, Abe, and Trip consider her to be one of the guys, and she likes it that way. She likes being the friend who keeps them all together. Likes offering a girl’s perspective on their love lives. Likes being the behind-the-scenes wordsmith who writes all the lyrics for the boys’ band. Char has a house full of stepsisters and a past full of backstabbing (female) ex–best friends, so for her, being friends with boys is refreshingly drama-free…until it isn’t anymore.
     When a new boy enters the scene and makes Char feel like, well, a total girl…and two of her other friends have a falling out that may or may not be related to one of them deciding he might want to be more than friends with Char…being friends with all these boys suddenly becomes a lot more complicated.


Now I still have a couple packages I am waiting for.  I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait until the package arrives, then it's fiiinally here and that's awesome because, hello!!! Loot!!!, but then as soon as the rush is over, I start wondering where the other packages are.

So, now I'm just waiting for my packages....again.

2 comments:

  1. Flirting in Italian is actually really good! City of Fallen Angels wasn't actually as good as I'd thought it would be, and I'm absolutely terrified of reading Rapture, even though it's on my Kindle, because I haven't been a big fan of them so far -.-

    Check out my Stacking the Shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Eileen and for the feedback on Flirting in Italian. I am in the process of reading it now. The pace has been failry slow, but I have finally gotten to the chapter where Italian boys enter the story. I'm looking forward to seeing how the rest of the story unfolds.
    Although I now have all the Mortal Instrument books, I have yet to read them, but they are defintely on my short list to read. At least book 1 is.
    I loved Fallen, but have not been able to get started with the remaining books. Still I am looking forward to completing hte series.

    There's just so many books. So little time. Your feedback was great and much appreciated. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete