Search This Blog

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Swoon Thursday

As far as Thursdays go, this has been a good one.  I do so look forward to sharing my swoon all day, but it's not just that.

Thursday is a work at home day for me, so I get to work in my pajamas.
Thursday is also gym day with my personal trainer and while my energy level has been on the low side thanks to the infant germs I was infected with, today I had a really good work out and felt for the first time like I actually had energy to do the crap Joe makes me do.
Today was a double header.  My two favorite hockey teams were playing in simultaneous games.
I got to swoon as the Penguins (my number 1 team) took down the Capitals 5 - 2 and the Devils (my number 2 team) took down Tampa Bay Lightning 4 -2.  It was a great day for hockey!

And what better way to top off the entire day than by sharing a swoon.  And what I can tell you is that JL Armentrout knows a thing or five about swooning.





Swoon Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by http://yabound.blogspot.com

It's simple. You take a book you're currently reading and share what made your toes curl and your heart race!!!


So, here is my swoon for the week from Pure by Jennifer L Armentrout.


This kiss was nothing like the first one we'd shared.  It's rawness left us both breathless.  There wasn't a moment of hesitation or indecision.  There was just want and need and a thousand other powerful, crazy things.  His lips scorched mine, his hands dropping to my shoulders, sliding down my arms.  My skin burned under my sweater, but oh, this was so much more than just a kiss.  It was the way he touched the deepest parts of me.  My heart and soul would never be the same.  It was nearly overwhelming to realize something as powerful as that and it brought a sense of urgency that pushed me into the unknown.

Aiden pulled back, resting his forehead against mine.  He was breathing heavily.  What came out of my mouth next was not something I'd planned.  The three words just bubbled up my throat, barely even audible.

"I love you."  

Well that's it for now.  For those of you in the northeast, I hope you all fare well in the storm we are about to get hit with.  Be safe and keep warm and dry.

Until next time, Happy Reading!!!  

6 comments:

  1. Tammy, what an excellent Swoon pick! I am swooning over Aiden! I love JLA/J. Lynn's books! I really need to read this series :) Thanks for sharing!

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, it's funny Lindy. I started reading the Lux series first and I was all about Daemon. I wasn't really interested in the Covenant series, but I figured I give the first book a try. Before I even read book one, I saw a lot of buzz about the series with most people saying they liked it better than the Lux series. I read the book after that because I wanted to see what all the hub bub was about. I actually think I do like this series better than the Luz series.
      Yes, you really DO need to read this series.

      Delete
  2. Great swoon! I need to read this series! Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Debbie. This is definitely a series I recommend. It is perhaps not quite as high on my list as the Mortal Instrument series I have also been reading of late, but I got to say I really have enjoyed reading it so far.

      Delete
  3. Well I can certainly understand how this had you swooning. You have my every sympathy on your infant germs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those infant germs are pesky little buggers, but I think I have them mostly out of my system.
      There are a lot of volatile situations and a lot of passionate people (not in a romantic sort of way). Most of the characters in the book are raised to be fighters, that's all they know. So they are passionate in their zest for life, their opinions and such. It makes for some very intense reading at times.

      Delete