I do not want a stuffed frog with big red lips and a pillow saying "Kiss me" or any diamond themed jewelry from Kay jewelers.
Love for me is not in the sickening sweet professions of love that overburden the sales shelves and our wallets.
Unfortunately, you can't get away from the sentiments...anywhere.
Love for me is found in all the little things my hubby does that can melt my heart. Like when he cooks dinner when I've had a crap day, or he'll come home from the store with a surprise which turns out to be Dr Who Build-a-character package, or he'll just look at me for a moment before he tells me he loves me, or the fact that he doesn't make fun of me because of the types of books I read or that he encouraged me when I told him I was going to start a blog and he has been supportive ever since.
It's not the over the top grand gestures, it is in the every day little things.
Of course, we all celebrate love in our own ways and there is no wrong way to do it.
Whatever your profession of choice, take time every day to let your honey know how much you love him. It doesn't have to be just one day.
Top Ten Romances In Books
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon - Scotsman in a kilt. Need I say more?
- Princess Diaries Series by Meg Cabot - Mia and Michael are still my ideal couple
- My Invisible Boyfriend by Susie Day - Ever make up a boyfriend just so you don't feel left out?
- Megan Mead’s Guide to the McGowan Boys - An insider's guide to the inner workings of the male mind - Not for the faint of heart
- Wildwood Dancing by Juliet Marillier - Fairytale beautifully told set in Romania
- Falling in Love with English Boys by Melissa Jensen - Love, English boys. Does it get any better than that?
- Georgia Nicholson Diaries by Louise Rennison - Hi-larious
- Nevermore by Kelly Creagh - Dark and haunting tale about love found when it's already too late
- Pants on Fire by Meg Cabot - I could actually put all Meg Cabot books together, but I particularly love this one. Guys leaves town a nerd and comes back a hottie seemingly bent on revenge.
- Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone - Another haunting tale, beautifully written involving time jumping
- Fruits Basket by Natsuki Takaya
- Yuu Watase: Absolute Boyfriend, Alice 19th, Ceres, Fushigi Yugi, Imadoki! Nowadays
- Rumiko Takahashi: Inu Yasha, Ranma 1 ½, Maison Ikkoku
- Mars by Fuyumi Soryo
- Hot Gimmick by Miki Aihara
- Hana-Kimi by Hisaya Nakajo
- Skip Beat by Yoshiki Nakamura
- Banri Hidaki: V.B. Rose, Tears of a Lamb, I Hate You More Than Anyone
- Tenshi Ja Nai! (I’m no Angel)by Takako Shigematsu
- Haruka, Beyond the Stream of Time by Tohko Mizuno