Search This Blog

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Stacking the Shelves - October 26, 2014

I was doing so well this month. In my defense, I've been a little under the weather for the past couple of weeks. It's hard to think, let alone write, when I'm dosed up on Benadryll. It is the changing of the seasons, which means my sinuses are going haywire.

Since I was feeling poorly last week, my STS post will be encompassing the last two weeks.



Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews.


Books Purchased:
Not in the Script by Amy Finnegan

Daring by Elliot James

The Hollow by Jessica Verday – Yes, I know I got this one a couple weeks ago. I’ll have to explain. I was in the local book store and had a used copy in my hand. I was checking prices on Amazon for used copies for the entire trilogy. I remember seeing an email advising of the shipping of book one. When I got it, I found the book to be warped. It wouldn't lay flat on the table nor would pressing it with a stack of books flatten it out. Oddly, a week or so later, I got another copy of the book. So what I figured happened is that while in the book store I accidentally hit the "Purchase with 1-Click" and not realizing I had accidentally already purchased it, placed an order for a second copy. The second copy is in very good condition. The warped copy was I think $4.00 total with shipping. I probably should have just bought the copy in the bookstore, though.

The Last Little Blue Envelope by Maureen Johnson

Forget Me by K.A. Harrington

Strange and Ever After by Susan Dennard

 Gift Received:
Doctor Who: The Vault: Treasures from the First 50 Years by Marcus Hearn - My friend Lee in Scotland sent this one along to me.



Kindle Books Purchased:
Moonless (Maiden of Time Book 1) by Crystal Collier – Free eBook

Demon's Fury: Part 1 of the Final Asylum Tales (The Asylum Tales series) by Jocelynn Drake – Free eBook

The Stolen: An American Faerie Tale by Bishop O'Connell – Kindle Deal of the Day

Dead Over Heels (Entangled Teen) by Alison Kemper

Jane and Austen by Stephanie Fowers, Shannon Cooley, Jacqueline Fowers, Kristi Linton

Flat-Out Celeste (Flat-Out Love Book 3) by Jessica Park

Coraline 10th Anniversary Edition by Neil Gaiman, Dave McKean

My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century by Rachel Harris – I have the other two books in eBook format, but never purchased the first book. Well, I can’t read the others before reading the first one.




Manga Purchased:
The Bride of the Water God 16

Say “I Love You” 3

Say “I Love You” 4

The Wallflower 33

My Little Monster 4

Vampire Knight 19 Limited Edition

Oresama Teacher 17

Arata: The Legend 19

Kamisama Kiss 16

Alice in the Country of Diamonds: Bet on My Heart


Blue Ray Purchased:
Ranma ½ Season 3 Blu Ray



Giveaway Won:
Batman: Death of the Family Book and Joker Mask Set – GoodReads Giveaway


That's it for now.  TTFN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment